SilverStone created an expansion card, the EC04 -E, which is connected to the motherboard via a PCI Express 2.0 port and offers two external and one internal USB 3.0 ports to offer the best compatibility and flexibility. Thus you can have USB 3.0 ports even if the motherboard doesn’t have them.
This card can be a good option if you want to have more USB 3.0 ports in a simple and inexpensive way. This also is ideal for users with a computer with USB 3.0 ports on the front but not on the inside. Thanks to this device, Silverstone offers the possibility of using these ports, in addition to adding two more on the rear.
As indicated on their website, it features:
- Two standard Type-A USB 3.0 ports an internal dual port.
- PCI Express 2.0 with a single output (x1) at 5Gbit/s.
- Supports USB 3.0/2.0/1.1.
- Adds four total USB 3.0 ports.
- Power connector for receiving extra power from the computer.
The SilverStone EC04-E will be available on December 3 and will cost around 20.90 Dollars.